Classroom Reservation Guidelines
The following guidelines must be read before submitting a room request form.
Our room request form is for UNT Departments to reserve General Purpose Classroom (code: 110) space. We DO NOT reserve labs, conference rooms, or lounge/atrium areas. Please make sure we are the correct place for you to submit your request, and call us if you need clarification: 940-565-2656.
1. Reservation requests are not accepted over the phone.
2. Reservation requests are processed in the order in which they have been received.
3. We are processing requests for SPRING 2017 (January 17 - May 12).
- UNAVAILABLE DATES: January 2, January 16, March 13, and May 3 - 13. We are unable to book rooms on those dates due to Spring 2017 Holiday Breaks, Pre-Finals week, & Finals Week.
- Summer 2017: We cannot preempt the Registrar’s office when fulfilling reservation requests. Reservation requests placed for upcoming semesters will be held until classrooms for that semester have been released by the Registrar. Summer 2017 requests will be placed in our file to be scheduled once the Registrar’s office releases the availability. We will process them in the order received. Please do not call our offices to inquire about Summer 2017 reservation requests.
4. Four-Day Rule
Reservation requests and reservation changes must be submitted at least four days in advance of your event or meeting, due to university risk management and safety requirements.
- Example: Today is Thursday, February 11th – your event must occur on or after Wednesday, February 15th.
- If you have an emergency situation and are in need of a room before the four-day minimum, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of your situation and all pertinent event details (according to the room reservation request form).
5. BLB & Gateway Events
- Do not move BLB or Gateway Center furniture.
- Catering must be approved by the College of Business Dean's Office or by the Gateway Center's Office.
Room Access and Custodial Services
If your event is after normal business hours (business hours are Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm), please be advised that the door to your reserved room may be locked. It is YOUR responsibility to contact David Barkenhagen (David.Barkenhagen@unt.edu or 940-369-7311) in advance to arrange for interior door access and custodial services. Charges may apply.
If an exterior building door is locked, please contact Andrew Knapik at 940-369-4340.
After hours cleaning or excessive trash left from your event may incur additional charges.